Looking for something to do in Birmingham, but don’t want to spend any money? Check out these free activities! Visit the Birmingham Museum of Art to see a variety of art from different cultures and time periods.
Stroll through Birmingham Botanical Gardens and take in the beauty of the flowers, plants, and trees. For a dose of history, tour the 16th Street Baptist Church, which played a key role in the Civil Rights Movement. Or, explore one of the many parks in the city, such as Railroad Park or Oak Mountain State Park.
Whatever you choose to do, you’re sure to have a great time in Birmingham without spending a dime.
There are plenty of free things to do in Birmingham, no matter what your interests are. For art and history lovers, the Birmingham Museum of Art and the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute are must-sees. Sports fans can catch a Birmingham Barons minor league baseball game at Regions Field, or cheer on the University of Alabama at Birmingham Blazers at one of their home games.
Families can enjoy the Birmingham Zoo, or take a walk or bike ride through one of the city’s many parks. And foodies can Sample the local cuisine at one of Birmingham’s many restaurants. No matter what your budget, there’s sure to be something for everyone in Birmingham.
10 BEST Things To Do In Birmingham | What To Do In Birmingham
Where can I go for free in Birmingham?
There are plenty of things to do for free in Birmingham! For starters, you can explore some of the city’s most popular attractions, like the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, the Birmingham Botanical Gardens, and the Birmingham Zoo. If you’re looking for a bit of history, you can check out the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute or the 16th Street Baptist Church.
Or, if you’re looking for a more unique experience, you can visit the Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame or the Heaviest Corner on Earth. No matter what you’re interested in, there’s sure to be something for you to do in Birmingham – and best of all, it won’t cost you a penny!
Where can I take my kids for free in Birmingham?
There are many places in Birmingham where you can take your kids for free. Here are some of our favorites:
The Birmingham Zoo is a great place to take your kids for free.
There are many animals to see and learn about, and the zoo also offers free educational programs. The Birmingham Botanical Gardens is another great place to take your kids for free. The gardens have many beautiful flowers and plants, and there are also free educational programs offered.
The Birmingham Museum of Art is a great place to take your kids for free. There are many artworks to see and learn about, and the museum also offers free educational programs. If you’re looking for a place to take your kids that is both fun and educational, Birmingham has many great options that are sure to please everyone in the family.
Is the Birmingham Museum free?
The Birmingham Museum is free for all visitors. The museum is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10am to 5pm. The museum offers a wide variety of exhibits and displays on the history of Birmingham and the surrounding area.
The museum also has a gift shop and a cafe.
Where is the Golden Flake factory?
Golden Flake is a snack food company that produces potato chips, pretzels, and other snack foods. The company was founded in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1923. The company’s first factory was located in downtown Birmingham.
In the early years, the company delivered its products by horse-drawn wagon. The company’s products are now distributed throughout the United States. The Golden Flake factory is still located in Birmingham.
Free things to do in birmingham, al this weekend
Looking for something fun to do this weekend in Birmingham, Alabama? Check out this list of free activities!
1. Visit the Birmingham Museum of Art.
With over 24,000 works of art, the Birmingham Museum of Art is one of the largest art museums in the Southeast. The museum is free to the public and features a variety of permanent and temporary exhibitions. 2. Take a walk or bike ride through Red Mountain Park.
This 4,500-acre park is one of the largest urban parks in the country and features over 15 miles of trails. The park is free to the public and is a great place to get some exercise and enjoy the outdoors. 3. Attend a free concert at Railroad Park.
Railroad Park is a 19-acre park in downtown Birmingham that hosts a variety of free concerts throughout the year. Check the park’s website to see who is playing this weekend. 4.Explore the Alabama Civil Rights Institute.
Cheap things to do in birmingham
If you’re looking for cheap things to do in Birmingham, you’re in luck! There are plenty of activities that won’t break the bank. Here are just a few ideas:
Visit the Birmingham Zoo: Admission is only $12 for adults and $9 for children. Explore the Birmingham Botanical Gardens: Admission is free, though donations are appreciated. Take a walk or bike ride through Red Mountain Park: The park is free to enter and offers plenty of trails to explore.
Visit the Vulcan Park and Museum: Admission is only $6 for adults and $3 for children. Check out the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute: Admission is free, but donations are encouraged. These are just a few of the many cheap things to do in Birmingham.
So get out there and explore all that this great city has to offer!
Free things to do in birmingham, al at night
If you’re looking for some free fun in Birmingham, Alabama at night, you’ve come to the right place! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Take a stroll through Railroad Park.
This 19-acre green space is perfect for a leisurely evening walk or jog. You’ll also find beautiful views of the city skyline. 2. Head to the top of Vulcan Park & Museum for some of the best views in Birmingham.
If you time it right, you can also catch the sunset from this vantage point. 3. Get your groove on at one of the many free concerts held throughout the city. Check out the schedule of events for the Magic City Smooth Jazz Festival or the Red Mountain Entertainment District for some great options.
4. Take a tour of the historic Sloss Furnaces. These former iron smelting furnaces are now a National Historic Landmark and offer free tours on select nights.
Free things to do in birmingham, al 2020
Looking for free things to do in Birmingham, AL in 2020? Look no further! Here are 10 great ideas:
1. Take a walk or bike ride through one of Birmingham’s many beautiful parks. 2. Visit the Birmingham Museum of Art, which is always free to the public. 3. Check out a local performance at the Alabama Theatre or the Virginia Samford Theatre.
4. Spend an afternoon exploring the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. 5. Learn about the city’s history at the Birmingham History Center. 6. Get outside and enjoy the fresh air at Oak Mountain State Park.
7. Take the kids to the Birmingham Zoo for a fun-filled day. 8. Shop till you drop at one of Birmingham’s many great malls and shopping centers. 9. Sample some of the city’s best cuisine at one of its many excellent restaurants.
Free stuff in birmingham al
Looking for free stuff in Birmingham, AL? Here are some ideas of where to find it!
1. Check out Freecycle – Freecycle is a worldwide network of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns.
It’s all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. 2. See what’s being given away on Craigslist – Birmingham’s Craigslist page has a “free” section where people regularly post items they no longer need or want. 3. Check out local garage sales – Garage sales are a great way to score some deals on gently used items.
4. Visit your local library – Libraries often have free events and activities for all ages, as well as books, movies, and music that you can borrow for free. 5. See what’s happening at the Birmingham Zoo – The Birmingham Zoo offers free admission on the first Monday of every month.
Free things to do near me
Looking for something fun to do that won’t cost you a dime? Check out these free things to do near you:
1. Visit your local library.
Libraries offer a variety of free events and activities, from story times and book clubs to movie screenings and computer classes. 2. Attend a community event. From festivals and farmers markets to parades and concerts, there’s always something going on in your community.
And many of these events are free to attend! 3. Go for a walk or hike. exploring the great outdoors is a great way to spend a day, and it’s totally free.
4. Have a picnic. Pack a lunch and head to your local park for a relaxing picnic. 5. Check out a museum.
Many museums offer free or discounted admission days, so you can enjoy all the exhibits without spending a lot of money. 6. window shop.
Fun things to do in birmingham, al for adults
1. Take a walk or bike ride through one of Birmingham’s beautiful parks.
2. Visit the Birmingham Museum of Art to see some of the best artwork in the Southeast.
3. Sample some of the delicious food that Birmingham has to offer at one of the city’s many great restaurants.
4. Catch a show at one of Birmingham’s many live music venues. 5. Spend an afternoon exploring the shops and galleries in Birmingham’s historic Five Points South district. 6. Get your adrenaline pumping with a visit to the Barber Motorsports Park, where you can watch professional racing or take a spin around the track yourself.
7. Relax and rejuvenate with a visit to one of Birmingham’s many spas or salons. 8. Learn about Birmingham’s rich history with a visit to the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute or the 16th Street Baptist Church.
Cheap things to do in alabama
Looking for things to do in Alabama that won’t break the bank? Here are 10 cheap and affordable activities that the whole family can enjoy!
1. Take a hike.
Alabama is home to some beautiful hiking trails, many of which are free to access. So get out there and explore! 2. Visit a state park.
Alabama has over 30 state parks, all of which offer a variety of activities at an affordable price. 3. Go fishing. Alabama has plenty of fishing spots where you can cast your line for free.
4. Attend a farmers market. Support local farmers and get some fresh produce while you’re at it! 5. Check out a museum.
Alabama has a number of museums that offer free or reduced admission. 6. Go for a bike ride. With its mild climate, Alabama is a great place to get out and explore on two wheels.
7. Take a scenic drive.
Looking for something fun to do in Birmingham, Alabama that won’t cost you a dime? Check out this list of free things to do in the Magic City!
1. Visit the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute.
This world-class museum chronicles the history of the civil rights movement in the United States, with a special focus on the Birmingham campaign of 1963. 2. Stroll through Railroad Park. This 19-acre park is a great place to get some fresh air and exercise, with a walking/jogging trail, a playground, and plenty of green space to relax in.
3. Take a tour of the Vulcan Park and Museum. Located on Red Mountain, Vulcan is the world’s largest cast iron statue. The park and museum offer great views of the city, as well as a look at Birmingham’s industrial history.
4. Browse the books at the Birmingham Public Library.